Friday, January 30, 2009

Spending that night

I'm currently obsessing over the song Thinking of You by Katy Perry. Ok, I know I might be slightly outdated but her voice is so unique, so deep yet so pleasant to the ears unlike that of Miley Cyrus. I heard one of her song once and was like what the.. Anyway, the weather here has cooled down significantly, I mean the afternoons would still be hot but the nights will start to get cooler. Thank God for that.

Anyway, I feel that I've stepped out of my comfort zone in terms of my way of life, learning to do my own laundry, ironing, cleaning up after oneself and all. Can you imagine, I'm like 17 going on 18 and before this I had NO idea how to wash my own clothes. I'm going to take 1 step further and really dare to step up and just make as many friends as I can. Initially I sort of felt that the relationships that I'll build here won't last as I would be going home after this year for NS but I should really be living for the now and stop thinking so deep. Really, after changing my mindset I must say that I really enjoyed myself today hanging out with everyone. I thank God for each and everyone God has blessed me with. There're so many, Darren, Leon, Xiong, Joel and Amos are the people I usually talk to.

Noon was extremely hot today, about 43 degrees. You really step everywhere perspiring even my room was like heated up so I have to get the heat out of my room. Went out for dinner to send Bill off back to Singapore. He's this guy from another intake. We went late so he left early. Walked around city after that with the guys. It was really fun, we had Gloria Jeans (Yes, again), played Daytona and just talked. I really feel that all of us are really bonding together. I know they have been hanging out but ever since stepping out of my 'comfort zone' it's been much more enjoyable for me.

Xiong and Joel are staying over today, so I'll catch you all soon! Gotta go now!

No comments: