Monday, January 26, 2009

For an open mind

This post is about Christianity so if you're not Christian an don't have an open mind you might just want to go away for now? There's actually some chores I have to do but I really feel the urged the blog this.

Last night just before I was about to sleep I was just reflecting through on what had gone on the past couple of days and 1 incident was really stuck in my mind. Basically, a few days ago Darren, Leon and I were decided on what to get for Roxanne's parents to thank them for treating us. So as we were discussing what to get I said 'Bible'. In my mind, it was like what better time to show them about Christ. Immediately that idea was shot down by the both of them. Initially in my mind I was like 'Wow..' so I just asked why. The answers I received were pretty much 'correct' in the human point of view. Some of the answers I received were "It's not the right time to show them Christ.", "It's not God's time for them to receive Christ", "Clash of interest". You get the idea right? At that point in time I was like "Maybe that's true.." So one of them told me if someone gave you a Muslim Bible (I think he said this), what would you do with it. I said I would chuck it aside but still receive the gift. Then, my mindset was changed and I felt that yea, why bother giving them a bible, it's definitely not God's time. The question that came to my mind after that was "When is the right time to show people to Christ?" I know that the answer is any time, any where but somehow after that conversation, I really started to doubt that.

Thank God, that he gave the answer to me last night. The answer was right around neck the whole time! (The Cross) I think it was the Holy Spirit telling me the answer. By saying that "It's not the right time and stuff", you're actually putting faith in your own works to bring others to Christ. You're also actually saying that "Yeap, the Bible doesn't have the power to show people Christ so why bother giving it, I mean the reader believes in her own religion and it won't be helping her much so she'll just chuck it aside or maybe even throw it away behind our backs." Yes, I believe that's a possibility that would happen but I also believe in the finish work of Christ and how much power the Bible contains. Nowadays as humans it's natural to put faith in your own ability and not in God. Sometimes we don't even realise that we're doing that when we are! By giving the Bible to someone, I believe that we're actually planting a seed in his/her life which would grow in time to come. The fruits would definitely come out, it's just how well you water and nuture the seed. I thank God there he showed me how full of flaws I am. I knew about the finished work of Christ and how it has power over everything and yet there I was believing that, "That's true, maybe we shouldn't give the Bible." If believe that if we give our Bible through our own faith then yea, the family would just chuck it aside but if WE gave the Bible in faith of our Saviour, it would be a whole different story. But yes, personally I feel that it's a good thing that we didn't give the Bible because if we have given it, it would be given in our own faith and not in the faith of God.

Thinking deeper, for how long have I been putting faith in my own abilities and not God's. I would say EVERY TIME. Seriously, all this while I have this great source of power and love in front of me but I choose to rely on my own strength! How foolish have I been. I know it's not going to be easy putting full faith in God because I have been like this my whole life but I'm going to try to change. By putting full faith in God means that, the next time crap happens in your life the first thing you do is just commit it to the Lord! Easier said than done, when crap happens in our lifes what do we do? Our human instinct immediately tells us, What can I do to fix it? Instead, we should be thinking, God I give this problem to you for I can't solve it in my own strength, please help me. You get what I mean? I'm not saying all of you are like that, maybe you aren't but I believe that a large majority of us are like this.

This post is not to judge (in case you feel judged) but to help. No, you're not condemed by having acted this way. No, having this mentality won't make God look at you or love you any differently. You know why? It's cause of the finished work of Christ and his blood that is shed in us already. When God sees us, he sees us with the Glory of Jesus EVERY SINGLE TIME. I hope that by reading this, through the grace of God, that an impact has been made in your life.

The end..

12:04pm

No comments: