Sunday, January 18, 2009

Glory to God

Woah, today was a indescribable day. The highlight of the day was that I went church and I did something really crazy there. I'll talk about it later.

Ok, actually I would just talk about it now. After reading the book Destined to Reign by Pastor Joseph Prince it really changed my entire perception of Christianity. From focusing on the law, to the grace of God. The grace of God really owns everything, and even law. Hard to believe? Read the book to believe it, your life will be changed. So coiencidentally the pastor today was preaching about the law of God. The law is not wrong, in fact it symbolises God's standards. I myself cannot explain what I believe that's why you have to read the book to feel it for yourself. As the preacher was preaching there was this fire burning in my heart reminding me about the grace of God. The preacher was preaching about the law. I can imagine how bad the people were feeling as the preacher was reminding them about all the sins they have commited. The law makes you feel like crap, it shows you something you can NEVER be! I really really can imagine the guilt the people were feeling admist the laughter of the congregation. (The preacher phrased some of his sentences funnily.) But really, focusing on the law really defeats the purpose of the cruxification. I really don't know how to explain it but in the book it explains EVERYTHING, just read it, trust me! Seriously, the fire in my heart was so strong. It was mixed with some personal emotions which are wrong such as anger. The anger was definitely wrong and I just gave it up to the Lord. I could really feel the fire to tell him where he has gone so wrong. No, I'm not that good and it's only through the grace of the Lord that I'm able to say such things. In my mind I was hoping for an opportunity to be able to tell him how I feel. Amazingly, it came at the end. The pastor said if there was any questions you can just talk to him. I could really feel the Holy Spirit upon me and not thinking twice I just went up to him and when I was in front of him I was like what the heck am I doing. I really couldn't put what I wanted to tell him into words so I just told him this. Hey Pastor, can I introduce to you a book? He said yes and I just introduced him the book and wrote it down on a piece of paper. I asked him to promise me to read the book and he did and I ended with saying 'It'll change you.' Sounds crazy right? But that happened.

My friends think I'm crazy, it doesn't really bother me. I am guessing that alot of people had eyes on me but it felt that I could only feel God, the pastor and I there. I finally understand what it must feel like for Pastor Prince to have to preach Grace everytime. You feel like the world is against you but at the same time you know that all you need is God by your side. Honestly, after talking to my friends after that and they started asking me what I said and indirectly questioning my beliefs I really felt condemed. I would not be surprised if some of them think I'm 'educated' in Christ the wrong way but that's what I believe and it won't change. I'm 100% sure that if they themselves read the book, they'll be changed and I sincerely hope you guys read it too!

12:45am

No comments: