Monday, January 26, 2009

Bend and not break

Happy Chinese New Year guys! Hope you guys over at Singapore have a great time and those over here enjoy yourselves as well! It sure doesn't feel like Chinese New Year to me. I don't know why but I no longer feel the 'magic' of holidays anymore. I remember when I was young that I would look forward to Chinese New Year and Christmas especially. I still remember the exact feeling I would feel when a holiday nears. It really felt very magical for me. Now, holidays just seem like any other day to me. Is it true that as we grow older we start to become like this? I sure hope not.

Went out at night for dinner with Darren, Joel, Leon and Roxanne. Went to Lygon again. You can never get sick of the food there. Today we spent more than we usually would since it's Chinese New Year. Ahh, the excuses we make for ourselves to indulge.. We ordered 1 seafood platter which was good! The serving is super big, it says for 2 but in actuallity it can actually feed 5 people. Of course it won't make us full but it's good enough. Ordered steak today, medium rare with red wine and black pepper sauce. Let me just describe it to you. The meat they give is like 1 big slab of meat. It's about 3-4 pinkies thick when you stack them together. Once you eat the steak here, and compare it to Singapore's, you really find that most of the steaks in Singapore is crap. Now for the sauce, it was so so good. You know in Singapore when you order red wine sauce, you can barely even taste the wine cause they put so little wine. Over here, you can really taste the wine and mixed together with the black pepper, it's perfect! After that, we had ice cream. The flavours I had today were white chocolate and cinnamon doughnut. The cinnamon doughnut could have been better but it's not bad.

Trying to meet my sleeping time which is at 11:30pm so I'll see you guys again soon!

No comments: