Saturday, June 14, 2008

Good performance, poor results!

Basically today had my first soccer competition which my church organised. I got lost in RED HILL! Can you believe it? Ok, not really lost. I was making my way to the Community Centre and like I took 10 minutes more than usual cause I totally forgot the way. Made it there in the end. As the title states. I feel that I played quite well today although I made 1 blunder which caused a goal.. Firstly let's talk about the team which I was in. The goal keeper was great and he stopped many shots well. There is this striker named Glen. He sounds like some pro but in actuality he isn't really that good and all he is good at is ramming which is an admirable quality don't get me wrong. (Manzzz I wish I could ram like that) He is seriously one cocky fellow. Before the competition started he was like going on about how he's going to ole people later and all those stuff but other than 1 goal which was quite HARD he is too solo. Worst of all is that he lacks the freaking skill to solo and keeps losing the ball. Then there's another striker. He's name is Shareef. (If that's how you spell it) He's in his school's team and in the Singapore U-15 squad. Skilled but again when people are skilled they tend to solo alot. Besides the minor soloing he scored quite a few crucial goals and he's really good. Ok, there were these 2 small Indian boys (And I say that with much respect) who were playing around and kicked the ball at my face. They didn't really play much though so I can't really talk about them. Oh yea, there was this defender also. Not really sure what he's name is but he defended really well. He's really short too but he defended really well. Oh yea, my team manager happened to be my ex-cell group leader, Elkan. He say I remind him of Hargreaves which I guess it's true like some of you say as well. Basically today I had no fixed position but I played more defensively. I played how I usually play I suppose. Like I'll defend then I'll join back up in attack then come back to defend. Thank God for my stamina too! Our team made it to the semi-finals before we got knocked out. Did I mention? Jo's team was there too. Shawn Wai and some of my other neighbours were there too. Cool eii! We were knocked out by them too. Sadly Shawn Wai played as a substitute for most of his matches so he couldn't really play much. We lost 2 freaking 0 but we held out well at first but I guess the team wasn't really good and it's really by God's grace that we made it to the semi-finals. But honestly, the people there weren't that good below what I expected but still had fun anyway. Oh yea, I'm injured now! Sorry Alden, the prophecy has come true. My shin is bruised quite badly as in I can feel the pain when I walk at first but now it's better. Pray for me that it'll heal by tomorrow?

Anyway, went home after that and Jerome followed me to Queensway to get my ball which some guy punctured during the chalet. Not really sure who was it but hey it could have been me! Thanks Jerome for following me today! XOXO

Going to go for some father's day dinner now!! See ya!!

No comments: