Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ok. Today was the last day of orientation and it was fantastic. Had lots and lots of fun and really bonded together with my group, X-Men 5!

I had to like be there at 9am for some rehearsal thing but I only reached at 9.15am. As I posted earlier, I was like the board holder guy. The official rehearsal started at only 11am plus i think, so I actually wasn't that late. I was holding the "Fight" and "Lose" sign and thankfully both signs were large enough to cover my face so I didn't need to worry about people looking at me or me looking at other people. The rehearsal was fun. Tried the Japanese food at Canteen 1 for lunch. The food there was nice. Anyway, didn't get to watch the pageant people walking for the first time as I was at the backstage preparing for the performance. Oh. Gabriel was there with me and he was constantly disturbing this boy from his school. From what I see, that boy is the equivalent of Matthew Li from my class. Well so the morning was like the rehearsal, lunch and then the real performance.

After the performance, went back to the floor to join the rest of the X-Men group to watch the remaining performances. The performances were very funny and very lame too. After that there was like this high tea break. The performers were allowed to use the VIP room so it was quite cool. There was like a large supply of food in there and whenever one of the food trays were emptied, it would be replaced. Haha, so you could imagine how much we ate.

After that it was back to the hall for performance and had some cheer competition. Cheered till my throat was quite pain. In the end the entire X-Men won the best cheer award! Lol. Had the mass dance after that. (If you consider only the leaders a handful of the students dancing a mass dance) Seriously, less than 10% of the people in the hall were dancing. I didn't cause I didn't know the steps. So this is just the outline of what happened today.

Oh.. Took quite a number of photos with my group people, Joanne, Charissa, John, Gabriel, Yan Zhen, etc with the leader as well. Will upload them once I get the photos and if I have the chance to. So the thing ended at like 6pm plus but we stayed there till close to 7pm.

After that we went to opposite Beauty World Plaza to eat. Some of the X-Men groups went. Had some Indian food at a stall there. Was not bad. John, Gabriel and I shared a Sardine, Chicken and Mutton mutarbat. The meal was quite crazy. Seriously I've never seen people laughing at me about me acting serious. Haha. Really great time of bonding. If I were to type everything that has happened today, I definitely would not be able to sleep today.

Oh. I met this guy Arthur from 3rd year Banking and Financial Services. He's a really cool guy carrying this vibe around him. He's Singaporean but he really likes the culture of the Western countries especially Australia. Took 961 back with him and really chatted with him alot. He has like 5 CCAs? He's a Christian too. Oh! Then this girl came onto the bus so and sat down. So he like typed on his handphone "That girl is cute." I was like "LOL!" in my head but I didn't say it out loud la. I told him he already had a girlfriend (which he does) and he told me beauty is meant to be admired but anything beyond that is wrong. Haha. Makes sense.

I'm quite screwed cause of Sony. My laptop has a scratch so they gotta like check on it first. So if they give me another new set I'm screwed cause that will definitely take time and I don't have time since I have to configure the NP settings by Monday. Quite worried about that. Hopefully they just change the cover of it. And if I could install the programs on my laptop tomorrow at NP, I definitely would.

No comments: