Friday, September 19, 2008

Thank You

I remember once blogging that "I won't blog unless I do quiet time". You know ever since I've started doing quiet time again, my 'feel' to blog has came back again. To me it's pretty amazing.

Well, life has definitely not been a bed of roses recently but it hasn't been that bad. God has been faithful indeed. I've been putting in effort not trying to waste my time. Today I basically wasted half a day. Started watching 8 Simple Rules. Quite a funny show. In the evening played soccer with the Chua family and some of their cousins. My leg has become painful again!

Here's a story to tell. On the plane to Vietnam, I came across this show Californication. I watched it on the plane and it was really entertaining. So in Vietnam, I bought the DVD for that series. Eventually when I started watching it, I realise that this was the uncut version meaning that there is some nudity in the show. Back on the plane I watched the first episode and they really cut out alot of scenes as compared to the DVD. I really enjoy watching that show as the story is really nice and funny. The amount of nudity was like 1 minute for each episode and each episode lasts about 30 minutes. Anyway I kept watching till like the 7th episode and deep inside I felt really bad and that even if the nudity wasn't something that I was lusting over I shouldn't even be watching those kind of crap. I really felt the need to throw it away but as usual the flesh is weak. So I stopped watching since then but God sort of woke me up at 6am and I was really convicted to throw it away! And so I did. Amen! I really want to thank God for giving me the strength and wisdom to do so.

I'm gonna get a new guitar soon! And I've got about $600 to do so!! :) Seeya soon!

No comments: