Friday, September 26, 2008

First time at work

Wow, long and tiring day today but meaningful.

Woke up at 6.40am. Ate a kiwi before leaving at 7.10am. Reached Orchard at 7.40am and met Kenneth and Timothy there. Wow, you know I really hope that they start going church again. It would mean alot to God and I. Anyway, met them there and we went to take our attendance. So we had to put our hand on the palm scanner to mark it down. I had a stomachache! And the queue was SO SO LONG! Really long! The moment I took my attendance I had to rush to the toilet. Moral of the story, I can't eat in the morning.

Work was an interesting experience. Anyway, we were put at 3 different 'checkpoints' so we couldn't slack with each other that much. LOL! Initially I had nothing much to do as my duty was like a tag checker which means that if any price tags are missing, I have to go and retrieve it from the place they found it. At the end of the day I ended up being a packer, mover, usher, crowd control fella, casher usher, tag checker and wrapper. The job description was just tag checker!! But it was fun. You know what?? Isetan kept their free gift stock in the male toilet and super unluckily, one of the urinals flooded and the whole place was flooded. So Timothy and I were told to clear the wet boxes up. Sick right.. It was water only I think but it still felt sick. First time I did such a thing. So we had to transfer so many goods into new boxes and shift them to the girls toilet. At 9am we then went for a briefing. The place was jam packed! I mean really really really crowded. Crazily crowded. Oh, did I mention it was some Isetan private sale which was for members only. Everything was on discount and you know the equation yourself. Singaporeans + Retarded Discounts = I don't know how to put it but you get the idea. So basically I had to usher people to the cashiers and run around like mad. It was fun though.

I guess I earned about $100 today. HAHAHA. Gonna sleep soon. Tired. Thanks God.

No comments: